What is Emmett Technique?
The Emmett Technique is a complimentary bodywork therapy created by Ross Emmett of Queensland, Australia. Amazing results in reduction of back pain, neck pain, pain relief and increased movement have been obtained with this treatment and generally occur in a very short space of time. Emmett Technique is now being taught and utilized in many countries around the world and compliments other treatments such as chiropractic, physiotherapy, and massage.
What to expect
While being treated with Emmett Technique your therapist will apply light pressure at particular points and in sequences that enable physical release and reset of muscles or muscle groups. This therapy allows the body to release the muscular memory of an injury and in many cases, pain relief is felt immediately. Therapists will also use a verbal approach to create attitude change, and often ask the client to perform a simple body action to activate a muscle group. These cues help the individual's body to realise a change has been made and also helps to lock in the body-work for lasting results. Treatments can be performed fully clothed and most releases can be done seated or standing for client comfort.
Benefits of Emmett Technique
- Pain relief - the most effective technique we've seen!
- Relieve tension, stress, aches and pains
- Reduce back pain, neck pain, knee pain
- Relieve symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist and forearm tension, increases grip strength
- Reduced tension headaches
- Clear sinus congestion
- Reduce neck and shoulder discomfort
- Improved circulation and lymphatic flow
- Improved balance and coordination
- Improved posture
- Improves ankle restrictions
- Reduced back and hip discomfort
Specific treatments are available for lymphatic drainage.
$55 per session (not time dependant but usually appointments are between 20-30mins)top